Friday, July 18, 2014

7 months

Just over 2 years ago, I was sitting in my empty quiet house. My girls were at school, and I was daydreaming about when my twins would be home and I would no longer have quiet afternoons, but instead be chasing babies. I knew I had two kids, we were planning 100% on getting two kids. I was sitting on the floor at the end of the hallway and in my minds eye, I saw 2 black haired kids running down the hallway towards me holding hands and laughing so hard. It was so real, it only solidified in my mind the fact that we would get biological twins.


About a month after that, my agency called and told me that China had changed some things around, and unless we were open to a lot more significant special needs, we only qualified for 1 child. I was devastated. I cried my eyes out. The ONLY way I would get two kids at that point was biological twins, so I carried on with that in my heart.


When I prayed about it, I knew I had two kids, so if twins was the only way, twins it was.


The rest is history, but the miracle of my virtual twins is not lost on me.


This summer has been full of water, water and more water. Water is the best. 


We spent a week at a lake house with cousins and grandparents. It was heaven. Tate had a love hate relationship with the boat. It both terrified and fascinated him. He never wanted to be left behind but he was freaked out to be on it at the same time.


Em didn't care about the boat. She got really really proficient at saying "Outside" and "again" on that trip. Her verbal communication is booming. It's so cool. She is in a massive progression right now and we could not be more thrilled.


These two. They needed each other so much. What a blessing that they found each other. They are truly kindred. 


So are these two. Gary and Emily are inseparable the second Gary comes in from work. It's adorable. She absolutely adores her dada. The happy dance when he pulls up could bring me to tears. Every little girl needs a dad, and so many will never know that joy.


We got fancy for the fourth. I love being together!


The carnival came to town. Emily wanted off the second she got on and would have nothing to do with any rides after her first little train. Tate wanted to ride everything and let them know just how loudly he could scream when he was too tiny.



Tate is doing so amazing in so many areas, however, for whatever reason, sleep is going all the way backwards. He is back to his first days home. He sleeps on the couch with all of the lights on and me in sight. I don't know why. He is so so afraid! He forces himself to stay awake, and by 1 am he can no longer handle it and we hold hands the rest of the night. It's rough. He doesn't nap any more, out of fear I think. He's exhausted for sure. Nothing at all changed in our routine, he just went backwards. Poor guy. We just continue to love and support and try new things and do our best to help him along. I am still thankful above all that he will sleep if I'm right there so at least I get to sleep too. I know I obsess about sleep but it's my thing. I really really need sleep. Sleep is the only issue we have dealt with with Tate. He has just fit right in so completely with our family, we hardly remember when he wasn't here. We love these kids so very much.

Emily is moving forward so quickly. Every aspect of her development is progressing just beautifully. She is clicking in all areas. She loves that she can talk so she's quit signing! I don't always understand what she is saying though and she gets frustrated if she has to sign in too. When we understand what she is asking for and she receives it, we get the all out awesome bum wiggle dance. She gets so proud of herself she just can't help it.



No comments:

Post a Comment