Monday, August 1, 2011

Application to Adopt

Today I sent off our application to adopt from China. I spoke for about an hour to our adoption agency. She told me that we have a great chance of getting two girls!! I feel drawn, and pulled, and even urgent to get to China, and get my girls. The journey began on the 4th of July. One of my great friend's brother, had just completed the adoption of two little girls from China. It hit me like a ton of bricks, it was time for me to adopt, now! I've been looking into adoption for a couple of years, but it wasn't the time. The time is now. I feel it so strongly, and I'm so excited.

We have decided to go through the Waiting Children Program, and adopt special needs girls. Filling out the mcc was difficult. I spent hours and hours and hours researching so many special needs, talking to as many people as I could find, and consulting our pediatrician. We decided to accept cleft lip/cleft palate, club foot, and minor heart defect. I have spent hours every day researching this adoption, and today, it all went into the mail. I'm going to have so much to do to complete my dossier. I'm a little bit freaked out that I'm going through with it! I cannot deny that it is what we are supposed to be doing at this time. I can't wait.

I sent a request for information on a little orphan that I found at True Children's Home. Her name is Hei Fan. She has a cleft palate, and she's beautiful. She hasn't been matched to a family yet, and I'll be praying that if I am supposed to be her mother, it will work out. I got great advice from my friend's SIL. She said "Heavenly Father has more control in adoptions than anyone else." It's so true. I need to pray to find my girls.

I'm going to use this blog to chronicle our adoption time line, and hopefully next fall, we'll be bringing home two little Chinese beauties. My goal is to have our dossier in China by Thanksgiving time. I'm sure we can do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment