Thursday, January 26, 2012

I-797C

We've got it! I am so excited, I just can't even sit still long enough to write this post. Heavenly Father is so helping us to get these girls here. This form can take months to get. Everyone is telling us to be patient because immigration takes "forever." 2 to 6 months we were told, and closer to 6 months, "they're so behind" and on and on. I have been imagining our paperwork on the top of a neat stack of paperwork on some guys desk, and I have been imagining him saying "these are finished, send them out." I think of this about 100 times a day, really, every day, and have done so for about 2 weeks. We got our immigration approval in less than 8 weeks!! And the holidays were in there!! I am so humbled, and excited, and thankful above all. My cute sister brought over chinese almond cookies and red balloons to celebrate. We are so very very excited!

I've been tracking my dossier, coming from Washington DC, and will receive it tomorrow hopefully early enough to send it on to our agency. Our I -797C has been copied, notarized locally, and will be sent to the Secretary of State, and then State Department, and Chinese Embassy all in the next 2 weeks, and then we are finished on our end. Our entire dossier will be translated into Chinese by our agency and hand delivered to the CCCWA in China (the agency responsible for adoptions). We will then be DIC (dossier in China). Our file will go at the bottom of the "stack". When it comes to the top, we will be logged into their system, and will then be LID, (we will have a Log in Date). Once we are LID, we can be matched, and fairly quickly. Once matched, we will travel within 8 to 11 weeks. I'm praying that we travel in July, and that is seeming more a possibility now than ever! Maybe even sooner? I don't really know the time lines for translation, or delivery, or rising to the top of the stack! I'm going to find that out tomorrow.

We had a fabulous Chinese New Year party, I've got lots of pictures, I'll get those posted very soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment