Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Biometrics

Today we had our biometrics taken. Seriously? We got fingerprinted by USCIS!! A step closer. I had to use all of my powers of mental persuasion to get G's done. We only received an appointment for me, and apparently "there's nothing we can do about that." said the nice lady across the counter. " He'll just have to wait until he receives his appointment in the mail, and come back up!" she said. "But we live far away!" I said. "We've had to leave work!!" I said. "Can't you look him up?" I begged. "No, I'm sorry, you'd have to have an appointment for that to happen!" I tell you my boy was a little more than just put out. So, I sat patiently in my chair thinking over and over and over in my mind; "let me see if I can do something for you." Over and over and over, and do you know what happened after about 5 minutes of that? She walked up and said, let me have your social, and I might be able to look it up." Oh really?? Awesome! Then, my head was thinking "Yes, we found your appointment, how strange that you didn't receive it. We'll take care of that today." Over and over and over and over. About 5 minutes later a guy came out and said "I was able to find your appointment, it's at the same time as your wife. Strange that it didn't come at the same time." I felt like a total JEDI!! So, in the end, we were BOTH able to have our biometrics scanned. We gave them raving remarks on the comment card they provided and went out for waffles and frites. When I got the mail today, G's appointment was there. Hmmmm.

I've got everything together to photocopy tomorrow and send to the document handler in Washington DC. She will take all 12 of my documents (at$43 per document, + $5 for gas. seriously.) to the US department of State to get notarized, and then to the Chinese embassy to get sealed. Then she will send it back to me, and I will send to to my agency for translation and review.

I am hoping and praying that our immigration approval comes very soon. I don't want to wait three months. I want to wait 1! That should be do-able right?

No comments:

Post a Comment