Monday, October 8, 2012

Emily Amanda

Today was the best day ever!! I was almost too nervous to eat breakfast, the boy on the other hand, perfectly collected! There was so much nervous anticipation in the air, it was tangible. The government building where we would collect our children was only 15 minutes away from the hotel. When we arrived, there were already 2 children there. Our children came from 5 different orphanages all across Henan. We all cried when we saw the first two families love up their babies. Our girl was in the second set. I didn't recognize her with all of that hair!! It was so incredible to hold her. It was truly one of the happier moments of my life! It felt just the same as holding my other girls for the first time. How long we have waited for, and how much we have loved this girl. Finally, to be with her was amazing. She went equally well to both of us, and was smiley and laughed, and was so pleasant! She didn't cry at all!

She really came out a lot when we got her home. We put her in the tub and Gary got her laughing hard, and out loud. It just melted my heart! She laid down on the bed and put herself to sleep. It was so funny! She woke up and saw me there and her eyes got huge and she screamed!! It didn't even last 5 seconds, and she was smiling again.  She has been perfect tonight. She eats likes a champ, drinks her bottle beautifully, and is sooooo cuddly and happy. She loves kisses, smiles easily, and laughs out loud. I'll write more tomorrow. We have our orphanage visit and won't be back until quite late. I may not be able to post tomorrow, but I'll try.

 waiting to go in

 Our little girl

 So tired after her long drive to get to us!

 Her first smile

 All tuckered out!

We love this girl so much!

3 comments:

  1. Oh she is beautiful!!! She has long hair and looks chubby and healthy!!! So happy for you! You all look so happy! She seems so content and sweet. I cannot wait to see her in person. Congrats!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ettie!! (and Gary:)) she is sooo adorable!! The thumb sucking is too much. I am so glad your long process has finally paid off. Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow ... just spent the last little while catching up on all the posts! I am so happy for the both of you & can't wait to see Emily.

    ReplyDelete