Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Home!

Em did great coming home. The flights were long, she was tolerant and a good girl! Immigration went smoothly, and she slept the entire last flight which was awesome!
This is the crew that met us at the airport. So much family support it was great!
 Here we are coming down the elevator. I pretty much plowed down those 3 women in front of me when I saw my girls. I couldn't get to them fast enough! I totally knocked that front lady's suitcase to the ground trying to get to them.
 It was so awesome! We were gone for such a long time!! Poor Gary got stuck back there with the bags and strollers. Such a nice boy!
 I had warned everybody that Emily would probably totally shut down when she got around the crowd, but she didn't! She loved everyone, she smiled and laughed, she liked people to hold her. She was adorable!
 Everyone loved seeing her. My nephews had my sister in Calgary on Skype. It was so sweet to have her and her cute kids there as well. We miss them so much!
 The whole airport crew! Best day ever!

The girls decorated the house allllllll up! Friends brought balloons, it was a very sweet homecoming!

 Em crashed, and her sisters kept a constant vigil waiting for her to wake up. They were exactly as I thought they would be. Adorable little mothers. They love her so much and are super super helpful.
 I think I got a little bit jealous because they did everything for her, and I wanted to! I don't think she was phased at all by the constant commotion, but Gary and I were totally over-stimulated! We were totally used to the peaceful one room hotel! Now we had a house full of rooms, balloons, streamers, and super excited little girls that wanted to tell us every detail of their time while we were gone. It was heavenly to all be in the same house together.


There is a lot of love for this little girl!


To think that we have gone from this empty, vacant little orphan girl who was all alone to
this happy, sweet, laughing, smiling, daughter, sister, granddaughter, niece, and oh so loved little girl is so overwhelmingly beautiful, I can scarcely take it all in. 

4 comments:

  1. WOW! So awesome! I absolutely love the picture of you coming down the escalator! ha ha ha

    ReplyDelete
  2. That last picture is SOOO cute with Emily smiling. I so hope that transition keeps going so smoothly. We will keep you in our prayers. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have soo enjoyed following your experience. It is pure joy, amazement and beauty! Love you guys:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so happy for your family! It has been wonderful to follow your adventure! Love you all! Marie-Laure

    ReplyDelete